GRR Systems, Inc.
Product and Project Manager in Toronto, ON
Project and product manager developing an enterprise image management software solution. Working with customers, business advisers, as well as design and development personnel to define and manage product direction. Defines short to long term goals including the product's general direction, medium-term planning for product release themes, and prioritizing the small details of fixes required by existing customers. Project manages development efforts and its teams. The product includes a SaaS/Cloud offering, as well as web and intranet software.
Works closely with customers including Fortune 500 companies, federal and municipal government agencies, educational institutes, and healthcare organizations.
zedIT Solutions Inc.
Senior Project Manager in St. John's, NL
Member of the Professional Services Consulting Team
Initiated the Project Management Forum, a group designed to bring out the best of zedIT’s project management advanced expertise as well as mentor juniors. Led this group for 2 years.
Managed the business requirements and system upgrade efforts for the rollout of a new healthcare program for the province’s department of health. Project cost: $1.2m. Duration: 21 mths.
• Integrated with the provinces financial branch for public reimbursements.
• Led the organizational change management efforts within the client department.
Working with the provincial government’s IT PMO, led the business requirements, development, and stringent security review processes for the provincial rollout of 3 simultaneous Department of Eductation multi-tier websites, each involving their own group of stakeholders. Average project cost: $400k.
• Followed the provincial government PMO’s stringent project management procedures.
• Coordinated with dozens of departments to ensure hundreds of inter-dependant project tasks were completed as per the project plans.
• Calculated and monitored the critical path for each project.
Project Management Consultant in North America and Europe
An independent advisory consultant providing project and program management strategies to a variety of clients. Included defining distributed team composition, criteria for project inclusion into a program, roadmaps for enhancing the size of a program, and working with my clients customers to integrate intra-company projects.
Specific client consulting samples:
• Created a 25-project ramp-up strategy working with company executives, internal personnel, and external onshore and offshore software vendors.
• European customer representative for a number of large scale projects. Having spent a large portion of time in Europe, aided client’s European customers in defining intra-company projects and their directions.
Charles River Consultants
Director, Software Planning and Control in New York, NY
Charles River Consultants were one of the early Application Service Providers (ASP) to move to a software as a service (SaaS) model, providing configuration, operations, and reporting access via the Web to Fortune 500 clients.
Held three positions at CRC:
• Ensured projects in the company’s portfolio were in line with corporate goals.
• Ensured yearly technical resource strategy aligned with current/potential sales.
• Mentored growth for project managers, as well as senior programmers to project managers.
• Successfully managed several simultaneous projects. Each utilized resources from multilple countries.
• Vendor Management: evaluated outsourced vendors, and then managed vendor relationships and their projects.
• Developed the strategy for the CRC-to-Vendor Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
• Project coordination between legal, product development, vendors, president, etc. to coordinate the complex non-technical tasks of moving a project forward to completion.
• IT Manager for the India office.
• Primary duties included writing project charters (system objectives, costs/revenue, risks, listing sponsors), budgets, MS Project plans, requirements, technical architecture, proof of concepts, planning, rollout plan, and quality assurance (QA) planning.
• Frequently travelled to India for project and office management.
• Produced customer facing specifications and worked with customers to set expectations and milestones.
• Lead project manager for American Express projects.
• Supervised the design and implementation of a multi-tiered, MVC, J2EE system, and designed the database for this project.
• Wrote a generic connector set of classes in Java, and using JNI, enabled various legacy C++ and Java systems access to the XML/JMS-interfaced repository system.
• Wrote a web application for an administration front end in C#, ASP.NET and MySQL.
• Wrote a drag-n-drop image conversion tool in C#.
• Wrote a Forms Processing application in C# which included Active Directory programming via .NET’s Directory Services.
Other Technology Positions
Product Manager, Image Management with Voice Recognition, GRR Systems, Oshawa, ON, Mar 2001 – Oct 2002
Lead C++ Programmer (Contract), Travel Industy, Red Celcius/American Express, Phoenix, AZ, May 2000 - Mar 2001
Team Lead (Contract),Telecommunications, Inlogic Software, Toronto, ON, Jan 1999 – May 2000
Software Developer, ACNielsen, Richmond Hill, ON, Jun 1998 - Jan 1999
Software Developer (Contract), Healthcare (EHR), Sunquest Information Systems, Tucson, AZ, Jan - Mar 1998
Software Developer (Contract), Financial (Equity Trading, Electronic Trading), TCAM Group, New York, NY, May - Dec 1997
Software Developer (Contract), Healthcare, Sunquest Information Systems, Tucson, AZ, Feb - Apr 1996
Software Developer (Contract), Telecommunications, Bell Sygma, Toronto, ON, May 1996 - Jan 1997
Software Developer (Contract), Financial (Fixed Income Trading), Nesbitt Burns, Toronto, ON, Oct 1995 - May 1996
Software Developer, Shipping Logistics, InterTrans Logistics Solutions, Richmond Hill, ON, Feb - Oct 1995
Software Developer (Contract), Retail, Woolworth Canada Inc., Toronto, ON, Jun 1993 - Jan 1995
Agile Project Management
Global Knowledge in St. John's, NL
Risk Management Workshop
RMC Project Management (Online)
Handling Unrealistic Scheduling
RMC Project Management (Online)
Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification
RMC Project Management (Online)
Essential DCOM (Distributed Component Object Model)
DevelopMentor in Boston, MA
The Securities Industry
New York Institute of Finance in New York, NY
Ryerson University in Toronto, ON
Twenty part-time courses covering finance, marketing, economics, and business communication.
Diploma in Computer Programming
Sheridan College in Oakville, ON
Certified Project Manager (PMP, PMI-ACP)100%
Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC)100%
Stakeholder engagement and relationship management100%
Globally distrubuted projects100%
Risk identification and mitigation90%
Organizational Change Management 75%
Business process improvement and reengineering70%
Reads a variety of non-fiction sciences, geo-political, and professional books, as well as science fiction (my reading 'chocolate'), and fictional classics. My collection of over 300 can be seen at LibraryThing
A serious creative outlet, have been shooting and selling photograhy since 1999. See my portfolio at Google's Panoramio
Have explored 25 countries: Canada, United States, Mexico, Costa Rica, England, Wales, Scotland, Germany, Netherlands, Belgium, France, Switzerland, Poland, Ukraine, Hungary, Austria, Egypt, Israel, Jordan, India, Turkey, Malaysia, Indonesia, Japan, China